Sun Cancer Hospital is one the most trusted Gastric Stomach Cancer Hospital in Mumbai Borivali Kandivali Malad Goregaon Dahisar Jogeshwari Mira Road Bhayendar Vasai Virar Mumbai Thane Ghatkopar Mulund.
A soft tissue sarcoma may not cause any signs and symptoms in its early stages. As the tumor grows, it may cause:
- A noticeable lump or swelling
- Pain, if a tumor presses on nerves or muscles
Make an appointment with your doctor if you have any persistent signs and symptoms that worry you.
CAUSES In most cases, it's not clear what causes soft tissue sarcoma.
In general, cancer occurs when cells develop errors (mutations) in their DNA. The errors make cells grow and divide out of control. The accumulating abnormal cells form a tumor that can grow to invade nearby structures and spread to other parts of the body.
- Inherited syndromes : A risk of soft tissue sarcoma can be inherited from your parents. Genetic syndromes that increase your risk include hereditary retinoblastoma, Li-Fraumeni syndrome, familial adenomatous polyposis, neurofibromatosis, tuberous sclerosis and Werner syndrome.
- Chemical exposure : Being exposed to certain chemicals, such as herbicides, arsenic and dioxin, may increase the risk of soft tissue sarcomas.
- Radiation exposure : Previous radiation treatment for other cancers can increase the risk of soft tissue sarcomas.