Endometrial Cancer Hospital Borivali
Sun Cancer Hospital is one the most reputed Endometrial Cancer Hospital in Mumbai Borivali Kandivali Malad Goregaon Dahisar Jogeshwari Mira Road Bhayendar Andheri Vasai Virar Mumbai Thane Ghatkopar Vikhroli Mulund.
Endometrial cancer, or cancer of the endometrium, is a cancer that develops in the inner lining of the uterus (womb). This lining is called the endometrium. Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of cells that invade and cause damage to surrounding tissue.
The exact cause of endometrial cancer is not known, but certain risk factors are linked to the disease. Most of the known risk factors are linked to the balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone. Some risk factors include :
- Obesity (being very overweight).
- History of not being able to become pregnant or having never given birth
- Use of tamoxifen - This drug, which is used to treat women with breast cancer, acts like estrogen in the uterus and can increase the risk of endometrial cancer.
- Estrogen replacement therapy (ERT) - This therapy, involving the use of female hormone estrogen to offset the effects of menopause, can increase endometrial cancer risk if progesterone is not used to protect against precancerous changes in the endometrium.
- Ovarian diseases
- Age - As females get older, the likelihood of endometrial cancer increases. Most endometrial cancers occur in women age 50 or older.
- Early menstruation
- Late menopause
- Total length of menstruation span - The span of menstruation might be a more important factor than the age at which periods started or ended.
- Family history
- Earlier pelvic radiation therapy
The following symptoms might occur with endometrial cancer or other conditions :
- Vaginal bleeding between normal periods in pre-menopausal women
- Vaginal bleeding or spotting in post-menopausal women, even a small amount
- Lower abdominal pain or pelvic cramping
- Thin white or clear discharge in post-menopausal women
- Extremely long, heavy or frequent vaginal bleeding episodes in women over 40
- Endometrial biopsy
- Transvaginal ultrasound or sonography
- Dilation and curettage (D & C)
- Testing of endometrial tissue
- CT or CAT scan
- CA-125 assay
- HORMONAL THERAPY