DR. PRACHI Thakar COMPLETED HER GRADUATION ( MBBS ) AND POST GRADUATION ( MD) IN GYNECOLOGY FROM MUMBAI UNIVERSITY
SHE STARTED HER CAREER IN GYNEC ONCOLOGY IN 2005 WHERE SHE TRAINED IN GYNEC ONCOLOGY FROM TATA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL .SHE WAS ONE OF VERY FEW SPECIALIST TO PRACTISE THE SUBJECT TEN YEARS BACK .SHE WAS ALSO PIONEER IN PREVENTIVE GYNEC ONCOLOGY DOING COLPOSCOPY .SHE HAS TAKEN TRAINING IN LAPAROSCOPIC GYNEC ONCO SURGERY FROM STRASSBOURG ,FRANCE .SHE ALSO SPECIALISES IN BENIGN BREAST DISEASES AND BREAST CANCERS.
WOMENS CANCER CENTRE :
- SCREENING : BREAST CANCER ,CERVICAL CANCER ,OVARIAN CANCER ,ENDOMETRIAL CANCER
- SURGERY : MODIFIED RADICAL MASTECTOMY, BREAST CONSERVATION SURGERY, LUMPECTOMY RADICAL HYSTERECTOMY, LAPAROSCOPIC RADICAL HYSTERECTOMY
- VACCINATION : CERVICAL CANCER
Her field of work includes :
- Cancer Surgery of Uterus, Ovary, Cervix, Vagina, Vulva & Breasts
- She treats cancer as well as non cancer tumors of these parts
- She is well trained in open surgery as well as minimal invasive laproscopy & Robotic surgery & Colposcopy.
She is running a 21 be added specialized center with a dedicated women’s cancer unit for Gynaec & breast cancer at Sun Super Speciality & Cancer Hospital.
She believes not only treatment of these cancers but in early detection by routine PAP smear & Colposcopy or biopsy, as well as prevention by vaccination.
All these screening tests and vaccination are offered at minimal cost at her hospital. She runs special screening unit for cervical cancer with a Colposcopy machine. She is one of the few onco surgeons trained for this in the city.
She believes in attacking women cancers at all 3 levels viz prevention screening & surgery.
She has written our a dozen articles in leading magazines & newspapers like Femina & Cosmo.
She has authored a chapter in a post graduate textbook on ovarian cancer
She has given over 4 interviews in leading TV channels on Gynaec Cancers (Zee 24 Taas).
She is associated with Indian Cancer Society for services to poor needy patients & does a lot of voluntary services in Charitable institutes.